Monday, July 20, 2009

Taking Time


Point Reyes, CA

It is late. The colors of the sky have deepened so now it almost seems black. It is difficult to see except for the occasional house light. The moon is 28 days old and only 1.6% lit. Ah but contrast this with the sounds of the night, the cars on the road (maybe time to move back to the back bedroom), the neighbors air conditioner clicks on, the gentle whrrr of the fan overhead, Teddy breathing (how can that dog sleep so much?).


There is too much stimulation in the world.
Time to close the windows, turn off the lights, return to the quiet silence.


Bring me back to the hillsides of the Pacific Ocean.
The beauty of Pt. Reyes.
Time to sit.


These days of living there is too much keeping our minds going in many different directions. Even as I finish reading I think I should check email one more time. Maybe so and so got my message. Where did I put that credit card? Tomorrow I need to stop by the phone store. Back to the need to withdraw ...


Returning to the place of quiet .. slowing down the mind, feeling the connection with the creation that God has given. The water as is rolls down the creek, the grass green from a recent rain.


Tomorrow I'll take the time.
What about you?

No comments: