Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Remembering the storm

Thunder rolls through after it has been called forth by the lightning. Soon there will be the downpour. The front is coming through and the temperature will soon drop. Teddy paces and insists on laying down right under my feet. I hope it will pass soon so he can relax and I can sleep. The radar map looks encouraging. It should clear up in a couple of hours and there will be quiet nights rest and a time to walk.

The moon called but I could not see it
So I waited and it called again.
Out in search to learn of the message
Yet I couldn’t seem to find it
Instead there was the rush of water
The freshness of the grass
The shower from trees as the wind blows

The thunder and lightning has passed
We are taking the evening walk
The storm residues refreshing

Sleep comes easily
And morning responds

My front yard, Rochester NY

No comments: