Monday, July 20, 2009

Out of Control?


Morning Traffic on the sands of Doran beach.

What is out of control? Doing to much? Not doing enough?
Is it running in circles? My guess is being out of control is not from having too much ... rather is is not having focus. Focus on the present, focus on what can be done. It is not being rigid and only task oriented, rather it is attending to what is happening in the moment. It is reading and just reading (not making a list at the same time). It is focusing on worship (not making sure someone is covering the nursery or making a list on what to do after worship). It is focusing on the walk and the neighborhood and the music (not just making sure Teddy does his business and then heading back home). It means writing in the blog (without the tv in the background). It is breathing slowing and deeply.

The absence of "out of control" might just be "focused".
And in slowing down, I wonder if more is "accomplished"
But is it doing what I am doing with depth ... not with short cuts.

So this morning as I wake I return to the porch.
The book is open to the final chapter
My pen and journal are present.

Maybe I am learning to fall ... and finding the sacred in the moment!

No comments: