Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Foundations

10th and Grove, Oakland CA 2009
Carl (aka Papa, Dad)

Where have I been these past days? Another wedding in Chico! A beautiful one at that ... this time it was Rachael and Brandon! From the rehearsal dinner to the Sunday brunch all was wonderful especially watching the families interact and having the opportunity to talk with friends from the "old days". Monday (yesterday) mom, dad, and I did the Oakland tour to old places where they (and I had lived!).

These many stops reminded me of some of what has served as a foundation to my life. This is the parsonage where my dad's parents lived when he and Uncle Kenny were born ... small little twins in the 1920s! We drove by the barber shop where dad got his first hair cut, the church where I used to take piano lessons, where I Magnin stood, fairyland (the kids park), my first and second house, mom's house, and so it went.

We could trace our moves to where we are now and some of what made us who we are. I can't wait to go back ... next time we are going to visit schools!

Think back to your foundations ... and where you are tonight ... ????

No comments: