Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Storm Rolls Through


I had my list of errands today.  Ordered to make the best use of time and energy (including gas!). I was at stop #6 and in the back corner of Target (getting dog food for Teddy and using a coupon) and the sound started.  Rain on the roof ... and not the pitter patter kind of rain ... but pouring rain ... I mean POURING RAIN.  It got louder and heavier and by the time I checked out there were puddles in the parking lot and thunder and lightning.  There I stood with several others at the front door wondering how long it would last and whether or not to make the dash for the car. (Note, this Target had no Starbucks to sit and wait it out!).  Suddenly it got worse (I have no idea how it could have gotten any heavier) and I wondered again how long it would last.  A mother and son made a dash for it (he was carrying pool toys ... hope they weren't planning a swimming party today!).  If they can do it, so can I.  Grabbing my bags I made a dash for it leaving the cart and dog food behind.  Hopping in the car looking as if I had just gotten out of the shower.  There on the back seat was my umbrella.  I pulled out and made my way to the front ... jumped out again and grabbed the BIG HEAVY BAG of dog food.  Off I went to stop #7 ... the library.  You should have seen their expression when I walked in!  

So here it is ... three hours later. 
The storm has passed
Some sun has peaked through the clouds
There is new beauty.

Isn't this what life is about?

No comments: