Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why a blog?

I have always been a journal writer ... from the adolescent diary with a lock and key to a three ring binder in college with the writing guided by a master professor to a comfy leather bound book. I've taught workshops on journal writing and spiritual development ... and as a means of prayer.

So why did I get on the blog circuit?
I found that I would write more at the computer ...
I found I could combine my photography with words.

So .. I try to think of the moments in time that struck me ..
And I write about them
Somedays I start with a pictures ...
Somedays I start with a word ... 
Somedays I share an experience ... 
Somedays I think I will start a series ...

So today ... 
Today I met Lila
Today I gathered at the table
the table of the eucharist
the dinner table with my parents

Today 
I walked in the rain
Enjoyed a fresh cup of coffee
Broke bread with my niece and her husband
Shared ice cream with my brother and his family

Today 
Today was a good day
It was a full day

The night calls 
It is time to rest.
Tomorrow is another day ... 

So to answer the question
Why the blog .... no one reason

Should I continue the journey?
I think so.

Will you join me? 
I hope so
Yosemite Valley
September 2008

1 comment:

Joan Neslund said...

I for one enjoy the blog. You make me think about things in different ways. Keep blogging.