Monday, February 9, 2009

forgetting and remembering

Forgetting and remembering ... 
I try to forget things that drive me crazy .. then suddenly something happens 
An emotion is triggered and it all comes back again ... 
I wish somedays that I didn't feel so deeply
That I could just let things roll off my back like water off a duck

A smell ... might bring me back to a place that holds good memories
    passing bay a dairy reminds me of one of the first schools I worked at (good memories)
    a draft beer reminds me of midsommer in Sweden
    these are the good memories
    
Its the uncomfortable memories that are hard ... that I wish I could let go of ... and start again.

Remembering really does come with forgetting ... 
Forgetting does come with remembering ... 

Come sit with me ... then, let's move on

No comments: