Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Laugh now!



Its been a while since I had a good hearty laugh! Remember laughing so hard that tears came to your eyes and well, yes, maybe even pee in your pants?! We really need to laugh more ... smile more ... and not take the world so seriously. We need to do a better job of experiencing life, laughing at life, and loving life

This gap-toothed, red-haired, plaster icon actually terrified generations of kids at San Francisco's Playland-at-the-Beach ... myself being one of them! She stood in the corner window of the playhouse ... the house with the distorted mirrors, wobbly walkways, and all things fascinating to young children. But now as an adult I can look back at her and remember the fun days, the salt water air, the bus ride from Oakland to San Francisco, those magical machines which told our fortunes, our weight, and gave us shocks! These are the memories of childhood ... of the carefree days. And believe it or not, the only day that I "cut school" ... Simone D and I went to the beach across from playland and made sand candles. (now I was so scared I would be caught that I don't think I had fun that day)

But back to today ... when was the last time that I had a good laugh ... when was the last time that you had a good laugh.
Why don't we do that more?
Why do we have to try to hard to be so productive.

Laugh ...
Move your shoulders ...
Run in the rain ...
Walk in the snow ...
Play cards ...

Laughter ... it really does break down barriers.

No comments: