Thursday, February 26, 2009

Story II: The Anchor


I had dinner with a friend tonight ... 

We had only talked twice in the last several years, briefly last year at a convention and then many years ago on the phone.  It was the phone conversation that ended poorly.  

I carried a burden of my contribution to the conflict for about seven years.  It weighted me down like an anchor.  I blamed myself for the loss of  friendship ... for responding to an email and something that was said that I felt was out of line.  I took a risk and shared what I was feeling  ... it "blew up" and it felt as though there had been an earthquake ... a huge crack between two friends.

So ... last night we talked.  He couldn't figure out what I was talking about.  I said I was sorry.  

So a one sided burden I carried.
I lost years of a friendship ... 

Guess I should have pulled the anchor up sooner ... 

What is weighing you down?

No comments: