Wednesday, August 5, 2009

S'mores Anyone?


Many of us grew up eating s'mores while on camping trips.  But do you really like them?  Think about it ... a roasted marshmallow (I really don't like it when they are burned), a slice of chocolate (Hershey's really is the best), both sandwiched between graham crackers.  They are sticky, gooey, wayyyyy toooo sweet.  I don't really like them ... but somehow whenever there is a campfire ... s'mores seem to be eaten.   You know ... like peanut butter and jelly, ham and eggs, Tom and Jerry, Mutt and Jeff.  

So here are two girls ... one from France one from California .... sitting around a campfire in the backyard of a home in Oakland California ... making memories.  S'mores and campfires.  Fifteen hours later I could smell the campfire smoke on my sweatshirt .... memories ... campfires in Yosemite, Holden, Scout Camp, Mt. Cross, Caribou Wilderness, Lake Tahoe, the Adirondacks and now my brother's back yard.  

Campfires and s'mores. Even though I really don't like them that much ... they just go together ... because that's what memories are made of!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I happen to love S'mores!! I am a traditonalist graham crackers, 4 squares Hershey's chocolate, but I do like my marshmallow burned!! My kids will eat one and then I finish up the rest! Many good memories of family camping trips and Girl Scout camp:) Thanks for the great walk down memory lane.