Monday, August 17, 2009

My cup overflows

I work hard at not having this be a journal of my life ... musings on photos, words and random thoughts! But so much has happened today that I will just show two pictures ... both taken this evening after an intense day of meetings, emails, etc.

Jewish Rye Bread, Brighton Farmers Market

I came home this evening about 8ish after a day at the office. Well I did stop by at 6:45 for a 5 minute dog walk for Teddy. I snuck out to meet with friends who invited me for ice cream. When I returned at 8ish this was on the floor. Teddy clearly had made his statement .. yet he knew when he was full. So much for this delicious bread that I bought yesterday for $4. I couldn't even figure out how to cut away his droll. By the way ... can I throw it in the compost?

A cup of Abbots

The reality though ... despite it being an "action packed day" (that's my spin) I realized that my cup overflows. Just as I was heading out to meet friends for ice cream the phone rang. It was someone else inviting me to meet up with them for ice cream!

Yes, my cup overflows.
Today with good friends ... near and far.
Those that accept me and my directness, my snarkiness, my annoyance, my judgementalness, my chaoticness.
Those that accept me and my love, my patience, my hospitality, my generosity, my acceptance, my flexibility, my laughter, my tears.
I am all of these.

Thanks for those who love me as I am ... with all of these rolled up in one.
Thanks for those that invite me for ice cream
Thanks for those who introduce me to new experiences.
Thanks for those who come back tomorrow even after a day like today.
Thanks for those who understand that we are who we are ... every day a new ... and every day a gift of life ... and everyday a day to give thanks!

Thanks be to God for fresh baked bread, frozen custard, dogs, and friends.

p.s. invite someone for ice cream this week!!

1 comment:

Gail said...

It's easy to get caught up in the day to day and take for granted the little blessings that are part of our lives. Your blog is one of those blessings for me. Thank you.