Friday, August 28, 2009

The Open Seat


A crowded bus. Folks anxious to arrive at their destination. How many more will fit? A mother with a baby. Businessmen and women heading home on a Friday afternoon. Folks on their way to a weekend adventure. We just wanted to get to the airport ... a day of training ... planes awaiting. How many more can get on the bus? "Please let the lady have a seat" "Folks there is plenty of room." "Mary Anne put your suitcase up here" "Oh there's room for my back pack." "Please let the lady with the jacket have a seat." The path opens and I realize he is talking about me. When did I get so old?

I do not own a red hat yet ... nor do I have a purple dress ... and last I checked my hair is still blond (okay, a little white). Mary Anne is the one with grey hair ... I was the one with the jacket.

No comments: