Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Waiting at the Well


One stands at the well and wonders if it is so dry that replenishment is not possible. Suddenly the foundation and structure begins to crumble as if a 7.1 hits. It is a sharp quake that comes from nowhere. Yet the water is deep in the earth perhaps it is time to dig further. But first the foundation must be reassured that there is strength and goodness. Perhaps it has all been an illusion. But wait … the word

“An angel went from God
Rejoice oh highly favored
For God is with you

“My soul proclaims your greatness oh God
How you favor the weak and holy one
Humble the proud of heart

“Great and mighty are you oh faithful one
Strong is your justice and strong your love
As you promised … kindness for ever more

“My souls proclaims your greatness oh God
And my spirit rejoices in you
You have looked love on your servant here
And blessed me all my life through”

No comments: