Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Should I be Looking Up Instead?

As the well dries and the structure seems to crumble, where does one turn?  Perhaps look up.  See the glory around, the colors, the strength, the certainly.  Look to the words of the Psalmist:

I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
God will not let your foot slip—
God who watches over you will not slumber;
Indeed, God who watches over Israel 
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you-- 
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-- God will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going 
both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121

2 comments:

Gail said...

Words to keep in the heart! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I must be doig something wrong, but I added two comments regarding this Psalm. See if this one works? As stated previously this is my favorite psalm and one which I want sung at my funeral. So til then I will enjoy it each time I read it!