Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Changing Landscapes

For those of you who don't know me or where I live ... this is looking north up the Genesee River toward downtown Rochester. 

Looking up toward down.  mmm mmm mmm 
Just that phrase is worth some words.

Anyway ... Rochester is a wonderful place. As any medium size city it has its "warts" but this one offers so much.  As the home to Eastman Kodak it was once a company town ... and while now there are less than 10,000 employees ... it is still a town with lots of photographers ... and imaging is still essential to its identity. In the downtown there are also large office buildings ... one for Bausch and Lomb, another for Xerox.  

I moved here 16 years ago ... and there is still so much to explore.  I live close to work (2.8 miles), .5 mile to an expansive park known as Ellison Park, 3 miles from Lake Ontario, an hour from Finger Lakes and the wine country, 90 minutes to Niagara Falls.

Okay ... enough ... am rambling.  
Maybe should take a Blog break.  

Tomorrow I leave for CA ... now there is nothing like the Pacific coast!

1 comment:

Joan Neslund said...

Ok you have me convinced. Someday I will come and visit you, but only with my dog - a new dog, as my life moves on.