Sunday, October 25, 2009

What was I thinking?

I wanted to put up apples this year (after I had already done a bushel of tomatoes and some peaches). So one Saturday I stopped at a farmer's market and told my regular vendor my plan. Two friends were coming over the next day and I needed a blend of apples for sauce and another for just what would become apple pie filling! What was I thinking?

I left with four, count them, one, two, three, four bushels of apples. Sue assured me that if I kept them cold I could put off doing all of them ...

So here I am four weeks later. The applesauce is done ... I'm thinking about 48 quarts ... plus the apple butter.

Next week ... apple pie filling.

What was I thinking?

I think I will go walk Teddy.

p.s. I used a quart of my own tomato sauce in soup tonight. Will see how it turns out at lunch tomorrow.

p.s. again ... There are at least 10 more quarts that have been given away already!

No comments: