Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Haunting

As approaching my morning reading chair with coffee in hand there snuggled into the back corner of the chair was a Ball Wide Mouth jar. I am being haunted. What was it doing there? How did it get there? Have I really gone over the edge with all this canning?

Side, random thought: Why do they call it canning when we put it in jars? Shouldn't it be jarring?

As I write this ... the chicken stock has been simmering for three hours. Close your eyes and imagine the smells filling the air. its a cross between soup ... and roasted turkey. Carrots, celery, bay leaves, onion, salt and pepper. And of course the chicken.

I straightened up the living room tonight ... ... and the canning storage area (aka dining room) ... it seemed that everywhere I turned there was just one more thing that I had used or will need this weekend. Then there are the jars that are in the car ... at the office ... and I am sure elsewhere.

Canning in my sleep
Canning in the office
Canning in the kitchen

I am haunted by all the cars ...
But I must say ... I am loving this canning!

No comments: