Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sounds

I haven't been able to figure out how to adequately capture in words the sounds to convey meaning and thought and feeling.

I think it is raining outside (not sure why the phrase often includes "outside" ... because if it were raining inside I would just freak out about a leak) and then the rain is confirmed by the spinning of tires and the spitting of water. Yup, the forecasters were right, it would be a rainy Halloween. It began early in the morning. Not quite sure when as I decided there was really no need for a clock in the bedroom. After dosing again I begin to hear an alarm from the cell phone far away in another room ... it must be 5:30. But it is Saturday and I'm not getting up early (ha). A bit more sleep then again I awake. Time to get up .... no sense tossing and turning and not having "meaningful" sleep and images flying through the depths of my soul into my awareness.

Gurgling water sputters into coffee grinds
Singing front porch chimes
An 18 wheeler along 590
The refrigerator says time to cool again
The chimes in a gentle rhythm
Teddy settling on his pad
Breathing into the floor
George Winston on the ivories

The gurgling becomes aroma
All is quiet
Then a gentle rhythm of keys

Morning has broken
Time for coffee.

Care to join me?
Am on Day Six of my journey

1 comment:

Gail said...

Ah...Saturdays were made for this!