Friday, October 30, 2009

Morning Has Broken


A wonderful fall morning. There I was just doing what I do in the morning, taking Teddy for a walk. Heading north on Shaftsbury and turning right at Clover. The leaves were crisp and while Teddy was busy with his zig zag sniffing and smelling I was kicking the leaves enjoying the sounds and feeling young. He was heading toward a favorite smell spot when I looked up and saw the silhouette of the tree against the colors of the sky. Pretty amazing. Oranges, pinks, blues, white.

Could I make it home to get the camera? I broke a personal rule and walked across my neighbor's lawn and got home ... Teddy wanted nothing to do with going in the house (he wasn't finished) so .. well you don't need to know the details.

Grabbed the camera and headed back to the "spot" and God kept the show going a bit longer! The shot has been on my desktop all day ... it takes my breath away and I slow down whenever I would catch a glimpse of it.

The glory of the heavens.
The painting of the skies.
The clouds gliding along.
The bareness of the tree.

Thanks be to God.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture. The sky reminds me of a Monet painting, only God does a better job! Vi