Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Running to the Mountain

I took this picture a year ago Monday. The first snow had fallen on Buckskin ... and fall was descending on the village. It was a quiet time at the mountain and the village was shifting from summer to winter mode. The colors will be changing, Railroad Creek beginning to run low, the fawns grown, the children in school, the village settling into a new routine.

Someone said "Have fun!" Fun ... that seemed an odd word. I'm not looking for fun, I'm running to the mountain to seek quiet and disconnect and reconnecting. I'm contemplating a day of silence. Walking, writing, reading. No meetings, no reports, no budgets. Walking, writing, reading. Who knows ... perhaps I can calm and move through the labyrinth. Your prayers are sought ....

No comments: