Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dinner Laughter!






A sure sign of spring for me is ASPARAGUS.   In the old days the first time each year that we would have asparagus was on Easter Sunday.  For some reason when I think of Easter Sunday and asparagus I remember Auntie Margaret.  She would have ham and asparagus.  Usually a salad and if I recall jello!  ahhhh ... Easter Dinner ... the first sign of spring!

Anyway back to dinner ... laughter and families.  I popped in on friends last evening ... mom was out to dinner with the "girls" so I showed up with some steak, potatoes and asparagus.  There was too much for just me ... so I showed with a bag of food and a camera.  


Dad did the cooking ... and when we sat to eat ... said prayers ... dad said we could use our fingers to eat the asparagus!   How fun ... too bad we didn't have olives ... then we could have put them on our fingers and have a real laugh!

Family fun!  

Do you remember these nights at home?
What is your favorite "play food?"

Think I need to get a pictures of olives on fingers!  
Maybe next week ... 
Stay tuned!

No comments: