Friday, March 6, 2009

Story IX: Travel to the Mountain


I left Rochester Thursday on the 6AM flight to Washington State. After arriving in Seattle and making it to the rental car agency, I was ready to hit the road about 2:00 with knowledge of a snow storm over Snoqualime. As I got closer word hit that the pass was closed. There was no way I was going to miss the Friday boat. I went north to Hwy 2 and Steven Pass and slowly made my way over the summit. Arrived in Leavenworth found a place to lay my head, had my first meal of the day, settled in and fell asleep 8PM PST having been up 20 hours.

Friday early with body on EST I ventured out with the camera to see how the sun would great the new day. It was splendid. The sun it hit the eastern slope of the mountain as it said good morning. Cold and crisp was the air and majestic the skies.

Trees wearing a coat of ice
While the sun wakes the mountain
Feathers of clouds float the skies

Trees bending in the wind
Firmly held with their roots
All the while fragile against the force of nature
These barren limbs
Reach for the skies
And frame the peak
The photographer awakes

Fast forward … and I’ve made it to the mountain


No comments: