Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Stop By Sometime

Do Drop Inn, Barstow CA
Bar, Long Since Closed!


If you are ever in the area of Rochester ... do drop in sometime. I can't promise that the house will be clean ... I can promise that there will be dog hair someplace waiting to be vacuumed , a friendly golden retreiver who throw his 85 pounds at you in a friendly hell0 (abeit a bit overwhelming), a glass of wine, a slice of cheese, something cooked up, a fire, candles, and even an extra room if you decide to spend the night.

Was it Mary or Martha that was the "entertainer". And I have often wondered who I am? Am I Mary or Martha?

Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:38-42).

Ahh I wish I was Mary ... but I think I am more Martha ... maybe Martha had a bit of ADD ... heck ... maybe she was just misunderstood. I'm not sure she was worried. Distracted, yes. Wanting to serve, yes. Yet I do hope that I have some of Mary in me.But if not ... "do drop in" so I can serve you ... and work on my Mary "temperament".

Who is more dominant in you, Mary or Martha?

No comments: