Monday, November 23, 2009

Communicating

As a young child I remember the game "telephone". Very simple ... whisper something simple to the person next to you ... and then they tell the next, and so on. Even after three people the original message seems to be already changed. Next image ... two cans ... one string. You can see them ... two kids talking to each other

Ahhh but I think communication really has become much more complicated. Phone, text, computer, email, skype, video. Wires can so easily be crossed. Did the person want my opinion when I was sent an email? or was it information only. Do I answer the question ... if my name is in the TO line? or the CC line? or the BCC line? And what if I accidently send the "thread" to someone. Then there are the text messages ... did they get them? Or the voice mail?

Ahhhh ... I miss the day of "party lines".

Now if you are reading this ... and don't know what a party line is ... ask your parents. They should know. If they don't, go the next generation and check with grandparents.

No wonder our lines of communication get crossed ...
So in advance, I apologize.
Let's try it again.
Not on the run
Not on the fly
Not via email

Let's meet for coffee.
There's cup of love waiting to be shared.

No comments: