Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Becoming Real

Is it real?
Is it fake?

Let's be real
It is fake.

I've been told that I must be getting old if I have finally bought a fake tree.
I'm still not sure why I did it ...

I hate to admit it ... but I really don't like decorating the tree that much and for the last few years good friends have come over and had the honors. I sit on the couch, I hand them lights and ornaments and away they go. As each ornament comes out of the box there is a memory attached. A relationship, a time, part of the history of what eventually became me today and will a different me tomorrow.

I actually love a decorated tree ... after it is decorated
I can sit for hours and enjoy the stillness and silence.

Maybe this tree is more like us in our journey ..
As we grow in the womb we are all curled up
And over time ... we grow and develop ...

And give us some attention ... our lights come on
And we have a choice
We can shine
We can give peace
We can give love
We just have to be plugged in ...
God does that for us ... with our Baptism!

Tell me about your favorite ornament.

No comments: