Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All Tied Up


I remember so clearly learning how to tie my shoes.  Now those of you that know me ... can guess how many years ago that was!  I don't remember the steps exactly, but I do remember something about loops and using my index finger to hold it secure.  Then there were those very special times when it was important to make a double knot.  That was when I wanted to be sure that they stayed tied tight.  You know the routine.

I met someone over the summer that ALWAYS ties his shoes in quad-knots.  He said that he wanted to make sure they would never come undone.  Might it also have something to do with control?  Fear of losing control?  Being in control?  Sometimes don't we need a quick exit?  How hard might it be to get out of shoes with four knots?  That would just make me nervous!  Someday I'll write about training without shoes (but you will have to wait until I get a pedicure for that picture!)

But heck why do we sometimes get ourselves all tied up in knots?  I can't ever imagine getting out of a fix like this ... 

What gets you tied up in knots?

No comments: