Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Final Day of 2008

What a grand year this has been.  So many things to be thankful for ... this list will only touch all of the glorious things I have been blessed with.

1.  A six month sabbatical to rest, renew, and refresh.  It is something that all folks should be able to have.  With the hectic lifestyle that seems to have overtaken much of society ... we need to rethink what we expect in the work world and for families.  There is more to life than being busy.  It is not easy being quiet ... and it will be a goal for me in 2009


     2.  New friends ... old friends.  Friendships!  They are the best. 


3.  Photography.  I spent many hours trying to hone my photographic skills this year ... and I have a long way to go. Again ... needing to slow down, being more intentional, taking less photos and keeping a larger portion of them.  



4.  Faith community.  I am so fortunate to be part of a faith community in which to learn and grow.

5.  Family.  As I said yesterday family is important.  I am so fortunate to be close to family and know that we genuinely love one another and are there for each other when we needed (and sometimes when not!!!)


6.  Babies.  There seem to be babies and babies this year.  Friends at church, friends at work, my niece, and of course the baby Jesus.  Experiencing the waiting with others, seeing they change, sharing in their excitement.  Its been a while since there have been so many babies in "my world".  

7. Financial stability.  In a time when so many folks are struggling financially I am fortunate to have resources to live comfortably.  To be able to travel to family, give to others, and pay my bills.  

8.  Health.  Its been a healthy year.  For me (lots of walking and eating well) this year. For my family folks have been healthy.  Yes we are all getting a bit older, our eyesight isn't as good as it was, nor is our memory and hearing.  But we are healthy given our ages!

9.  Holden Village.  Yes, it is in the top ten.  The time there was good, the learnings superb, wonderful new friendships ... and even now that I have left, I am still connected.  I left part of me there, I brought part of it home with me, and stay connected.


10.  A Moment in Time.  For each moment in time that I have had this year ... I am so grateful.  

Goodbye 2008 ... Hello 2009

No comments: