Friday, November 21, 2008

A Perfectly Magical Night

Sodus Point, New York


I just came back from walking the Tedster (Teddy, the dog) .. it really is a perfectly magical night here in Rochester.  There is a light snow falling, the sidewalks are clear, no ice for slipping, and the lights from the houses bounce off the yards.  I think I could have walked for hours enjoying the fresh air, the gentle brush of snow on my face.  

I was bundled in my down coat from Beans, my Iceland hat, and Lands end shoes.  This was complimented by my most comfortable black corduroy jeans  and turtle neck (Eddie Bauer).  Sounds like a fashion show! (It is about 22 degrees!)

So what made it perfectly magical?
The quiet
The warmth
The chill
The softness
Being alone
The bouncing light
Waiting
Pondering
Absorbing 

It was better than a snow globe ... 
There was no shaking
It was soft and gentle
It was just so very real ... 

I bet that is why snow globes were made ... someone wanted to capture that perfectly magical night ... 

I found it ... it was right outside my front door 

psst ... what's outside your front door?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful capturing of the night and the freshness of the evening snow.

So glad Teddy gives you a reason to discover the quietness of what lies just outside your door.