Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Door Knobs


I came across this door knob in the old city of Rennes France.  

I like door knobs ... in fact I am pretty fussy about them (you wouldn't know it by the doorr knobs at my house!).  They hold so much history ... all those who have entered into a building reach, grab, and turn.  Were they excited to enter?  Did they enter in anger? in hope? in fear? in joy?   

I wonder what the front door knob is like at the White House?  My guess it is strong and solid ... speaks to the house and all it holds.  Do you think Barack or Michelle will ever actually touch it and walk in?  Or will someone do that for them?  

What does the front door knob at your house say about you?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

for the record ... my current front door know is 55 years old (seriously) ... a bit tempermental ... and has a broken part!!!