Sunday, April 26, 2009

Defining the Path

Listening with a third ear to a commercial I heard the following:

"whatever the destination"
"let ... help you choose the path"

Are we really letting others define our paths? Is the outcome financial security? Is the outcome stuff? With these as our messages no wonder we feel like we are on a treadmill .... because according to media we can never have too much. We are forever in a state of consumption and having more. 

At the same time we say we don't have enough time.  Have you ever noticed how much time it takes to consume stuff?  Recently I calculated the amount of time I spent buying/returning something I didn't need then wondered what I could do with that time instead.  

Who influences the path you are one?  
Does the path you are on take you in circles?

On this Sunday as we gather around the table in love, forgiveness, and grace, we are fed once again for the journey. 
 

No comments: