Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beginnings, endings and everything in between.

Lake Chelan from Domke Lake Trail

Isn’t that what life is really about? Beginnings, endings, and everything in between? From birth to death and everything in between. From sunrise to sunset and everything in between. From September to June and everything in between. From paycheck to paycheck and everything in between.

I like the in betweens ... and I think I like them better with the beginning and endings. But there are other times that the in betweens are tough and I wonder if we will ever get to the end! Hiking for me is one of those times when the in between is so hard. I love the thought of hiking and begin healthy and the destination (the beginning) and I love the end (the view, the sense of accomplishment) but oh some days the in between is so hard. “One foot in front of the other” my friends say. “It’s not a race Debbie” another says. “Take your time.” I stop. I sit. I put my head in my hands and wonder if I am going to make it. I get up ... walk again then notice that the trees are no longer above me ... but that the path is winding its way through the level terrain. The lake comes in view. I hear the waterfall. It was worth the process.

What do you like best?
Beginnings?
Ends?
In-betweens?

No comments: