Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tears of the Heart

So much progress seems to have been made. yet with one question it seems as thought everything is undone and the hurt returns. Sometimes I just don't get it. A question. That's all it was. A question, not an accusation. A wondering.

The heart ... the relationship torn. Tears. Stinging words. It was just a question. An apology for asking the question offered ... yet not accepted. Tears of the heart.

It wouldn't matter, if I didn't care.

A random verse, sitting on my coffee table when I got home:

"In the world you will get kicked around, but keep cheerful. I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Ahhh ... if it were only so easy.
Sleep will heal the heart

1 comment:

desertbunny said...

This post is so poignant; thanks for sharing.

My grandmother had bleeding hearts growing by the side of the house. In the same bed, with the same vigor, grew lilies of the valley.

From a prospective 50 years later, I see strong symbolism.