Sunday, May 24, 2009

Struggling

Every once in a while I feel as though I have it together. Then there are those days that I can only say "what was I thinking of?" Nothing every really comes naturally ... everything is a learning process. Writing? I am envious of those who seem to simply be able to sit down and in a few short minutes craft a reflection on the morning light. I watch photographers wander a wedding scene and suddenly an album of perfect smiles, lighting, positioning and emotions captured. Maybe if I had a different lens ... or better lighting?

It is that journey of learning ... two steps forward ... feeling success ... then trying something new ... and slipping back.

Wait. I get it ... it is like the developmental process of learning the English language. To make a verb into past tense you just need to add "ed" to most words (walked, talked, watched). So a young child practices ... and suddenly they say eated (ate), goed (went), singed (sang).

I think photography is as complicated as the English language.

So today ... no picture.
Just a simple person trying to figure out how to capture the image with the camera.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Debbie, Your pictures and your writing are the best. Wish I could do half as good. For instance....this entry is fantastic!

Debbie said...

thanks Gail ....