Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Magic Key


What ever happened to the magic we believed in as children?   Ahhh this magic key opened so very many stories for me when I was but a young child.  I could run from place to place in the park, insert the key in the box, turn it and behold a story would unfold.  Then eventually I would get to the theatre and watch a show.  The magic of childhood ... learning and exploring.  

The movie "Sleepless in Seattle" references magic.  The falling in love.   "It was magic"
In the movie "Corrina, Corrina" Whoopi Goldberg wills magic at the stop light to make sure it changes just when she needs it.

Magic ... Do you believe in magic?
   "And it's magic, if the music is groovy
   It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie"

You know ... I want to go back to Fairyland Park in Oakland
It was magical ... not because of the key .... the story ... the theatre.
It was magical because I got to experience it with people that let me believe.
Let me explore ... let me run ... let me play.

I am so looking forward to taking Lila to Fairyland.
Someone suggested that it be a 4-generation trip!
I sure hope the key still works!

And it's magic, if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie

So today ... close your eyes ... believe in magic.
Sit with a child
Let them lead you through a wonderful adventure of play.
They will share their hearts and minds
Shhhhh ... don't tell anybody ... 
But that is where the magic really is!

The key to the magic ... 
It's in the relationship!

1 comment:

Joan Neslund said...

The Woodland Park Zoo, in Seattle, used to have keys like that. When I was young I would love to go to each exhibit and listen to the magic world unfold as my key told me about this and that anmimal.