Sunday, May 1, 2011

Patterns of God

I went on a garden tour in Oakland today with my mom and sister-in-law. I was amazed at the number of succulents in the many gardens. I have really never been of fan of them ... but the more and more I see them I am fascinated by their patterns and the intricacies. As I opened this on the computer and did a bit of a crop I was even more fascinated by the details and what appears to be little "spikes" at the outer edges of each leaf.

Patterns and repetitions were again to be found in this multi-color plant. The newest "leaves" in the center were lightly colored with yellow and green while the older had a tint of pink. Another creation of God whose imagination is beyond our imagination.


Still later in the day I came across this one. It seemed like a Christmas cactus (it is not) yet the red and green were so vibrant. and consistent. To me this was a happy succulent. Not sure why I think this when I see it ... but it brings a smile to my heart. God again has created patterns, and uses a wonderful palette of colors! What do you think?



Finally this surprise was waiting for us in the front yard of one of the homes. Rather than the circular development of the succulents shown above, the leaves seem to be opening and growing in a twirling pattern. Just as I thought I understood the pattern and was looking for shifts in the color palette, I was again surprised by God.


Take a look around ... find the surprising patterns of
God's delightful creation.

Let's now do our part to take care of it!


No comments: